FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my KYB GR2's and iam putting in lowering springs to drop 1.5 Inch's on my 95 EGT. Iam wondering if anyone has dropped that much and if so am I going to need to roll my rear fenders?? looks like it will be pretty tight. As iam riding on 195/60/15 summer tires but swapping in the winter to the taller 185/60/15. Also is there any other problems I may run into with this project??

· Registered
5,229 Posts
I am on Intrax 1.8" lowering springs, GR2 struts, and 17" rims. I have wheels that are properly "plus-sized" and I have zero clearance issues, but I did roll my rear lip for security; hate to cut a tire or gouge a rim. Even fully loaded, the wheel never comes too close.

· Registered
1998 ZX2
10,101 Posts
^+1

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I changed my struts I took back the kyb's and I bought the s/r from zxtuner. I ordered the Perch Conversion Kit also is that all I will need to make this work for my 95 egt. Also the Strut rebound bumpers? Do I need to get a set of theyes as they do not come with the struts?

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok finally going to go down literally after a month or more waiting for my spring I got them. So this weekend zx2 sr's with S.T. lowering spring new bumps, bellows, and spring rubbers. Also new slotted rotors with hawk pads finally will post pick’s Sunday when finished !!

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes the good old great white north I live on the coast so it dose not see to much snow/salt but last winter was a different story!!! The rims (15’s) that are on there I got on craigslist I think they are like a no-name brand. I have a friend with the same set, his are white neither of us know. Great offset, they do need to be re-powder coated but that can get done at my work. The rotors (power slot) are from a Canadian auto part store "lordco" $60 it pays to know the manager! Thank you for your comment she still has a lot to go but this is a good start.

· Registered
796 Posts
arent the gasses produced from the rotors not properly released when they are on backwards like that? i thought the slots were meant to go one way...

· Registered
796 Posts
no worries i had my tire tread backwards for like a week when i switched my wheels over hehe

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.