FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I just picked up a 94 Tracer that doesn't run(1.9 auto w/110,000 miles). When I turn the key the starter will turn the flywheel but the motor doesn't turn. I'm guessing the flywheel is not bolted to the crank or the crank is busted. Is there something that I may be missing?

Thanks,
Andy

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the inspection cover off and had the kid turn the key.
Anyway I took the nuts off for the torque converter and the flywheel is loose. So either the bolts snapped or the flywheel cracked around the bolts. If I have time tomorrow I will pull the motor.

· Registered
190 Posts
I would guess that the flywheel is broken. I had the same thing on my 91 wagon, twice. Other than having to take the motor and transmission apart, it is a relatively easy fix. The auto flywheel seems to crack and then break in a circle around the connecting bolts, at least it did on mine.

· Registered
925 Posts
Sparky34kv said:
I would guess that the flywheel is broken. I had the same thing on my 91 wagon, twice. Other than having to take the motor and transmission apart, it is a relatively easy fix. The auto flywheel seems to crack and then break in a circle around the connecting bolts, at least it did on mine.
Been privy to the same exact thing on a friends car. Stick with the Stick! :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.