FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ´94 LX 4-dr and I have always wanted to totally swap parts with a GT. Mostly for ease of acquiring 4-wheel discs and a bitchin engine. Would I do better searching for a similar year GT, or for the newer 2.0L focus parts?
Will the parts on a focus/ZX2 fit on my chassis?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
if i recall correctly, the 2.0 is a near direct bolt in kinda deal. of course, there´s always lots of modding/fabricating involved when engine swapping, but it would be one of the easiest routes. putting in a 1.8 would be trickier cuz you need the 1.8 tranny as well. i think the 2.0 will bolt up to the 1.9 tranny ´easily´ enough. there are tons of previous posts on the subject, do a search and check ´em out :-]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I agree, it would be much easier to just have a ZX2 or a GT. For me, it´s more of a "sleeper" issue than anything. I have fun driving the corners and messing around in my whopping 88hp "family car".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, there´s a 91 EGT for sale here in San Diego for $1350...160K. Worth the money?

Also, newer Foci...do they have 6-spd anuals, or are 6-spd manuals avail for that engine? Also, would the entire front drivetrain/suspension bolt onto a 94 LX?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
the 6-spd is for the 2.0 SVT engine. i dunno if they´d fit as easy as the more common 2.0´s, but i´d love one under my Scort hood! specially one with forced induction... :-]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts