FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I got a question about that wing you sold me. first off I got it painted and it looks pretty damn good to me. I´m tryin to get my old 3 piece off first, i noticed the wingnut that i had to take the side plastic panels out for, then for the long skinny piece of metal with a tiny bolt on it up towards the end of the wing, what the heck size bolt is that? 3/8s is too small and 7/16s is too freakin big. Did you take the wing off yourself or was it already off, if you did...do you remember what size bolt it is? 3/8s (or 6/16s) is too small...the next size up is too big bah! Help me pleaaaaaaaase! :-| :-[

PS. while I was in there I checked my cable for my gas cap, it´s fine...that little metal retaining clip just wasn´t popping the door open, I bent it back and now my gas door opens by the switch...a year and a half of prying it open and all I had to do was bend the clip back. :-| :p

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about that too...but I don´t have any open ended 10 mm wrenches that i know of...there´s a long piece of metal after the threads that extends out...i can´t get a wratchet on there if i tried. :-Y

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I´m a moron. after i said that i went and found some metrics...it was 10 mm. thanks for the help. now i just gotta figure out why it´s off...the wing sits back an inch from where it should be. i´ll worry about it tomorrow though. ;-)

·
Registered
710 Posts
As James is discovering, the 91/92 3 piece spoilers and the 93+ pedestal spoilers are NOT interchangeable. The latter spoilers sit more forward about an inch or so. This means you can´t reuse the third brake light assembly. I replaced my 93 spoiler with a 3 piece unit, and am using the original brake light, but there´s about an inch gap where the wiring is exposed. I have a piece of clear acrylic over it to prevent water entry - it´s wedged between the lamp assembly and the new spoiler so it´s not going anywhere, but doesn´t look quite ´right´. Fortunately, you can´t tell unless you just happen to be back there and notice the difference. Thought I´d pass this along, I recall it being a disappointment when I first did the switch, but have since grown quite fond of the chunky spoiler. Since there aren´t any EGT´s in this area, really separates me from all the LXs and ponies.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
29-04-2003 at 21:57, siragan wrote:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
29-04-2003 at 20:57, James92Scort wrote:
I´m a moron.
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

What were you saying about how I do a good job making a fool of myself? :-D
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Well it´s not like you can deny it either :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.