FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my multifunction switch,the headlights wont come on,and when I move
the switch forward,I also dont get high beams.However when I pull the switch all the way back,the high beams will come on as i pull the switch.
The other functions-marker,parking lamps and turn signals work fine.Other
than replacing the switch,is there a relay for the headlights that I should check?If so,where is it located? Thanks in advance. 8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm having an issue of the same nature, but it's my parking lamps and my dash lights that won't work. The bell to warn me when I open the door won't ring either. my headlamps work fine too. Where is the relay to check?

·
Super Moderator
10,294 Posts
Brammer: I believe that being able to 'flash' the headlamps on by pulling the lever toward you (its the flash-to-pass function), means that your headlamp relay is working okay. The contacts to switch from high beams to low beams however is inside the headlamp switch itself, there isnt a relay shown to do that switching. Also the contacts to turn the relay on are inside the switch - its what happens when you rotate the end of the lever to the 2nd position.
So....I would conclude that either you have a connector thats come loose (under the dashboard and behind the top of the steering column), or the headlamp switch has gone bad.
Unfortunately when I looked up the headlamp switch, it listed the entire multi-function switch.....for over $200. I would go after one from a junkyard.

mydubrules: I think you should check the fuses on the box on the lower left below the dashboard; checking to see if the fuses for 'room' or 'tail' or 'meter' are out. The parking lamp relay is somewhere up behind the left side of the dashboard, though I dont know what it looks like. If that relay were out, I think the key-in-door-open chime would still work. (Except I cut the wire to the switch that makes that chime work on my car. I got tired of the beeping).

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
so your highbeam flasher works, but to keep them on doesn't? sounds like a malfunctioning multiswitch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts