FEOA Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I'm confused:
Ebay 450234401: (listed as) 93 Ford Escort, made by Mazda, 1.9L Engine, GT Dash, Manual, GT Seats... in a 4 Dr Sedan.

I once saw a Tracer Wagon, stock, with the GT trimings and 1.8L engine. So, I guess there were unusual combinations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,371 Posts
I've never heard of that. I'd be willing to bet it was all reaplaced for the GT interior stuff 'cause it looks better. I've looked at a tlot of reviews about the Escorts and never seen or head anything about the GT styling going anywhere but into the GT, the engine did go over to the Tracer LTS. But that's the end of my findings on any of the cars really swapping "performance" styling or anything of the sort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
lukerw said:
Now, I'm confused:
Ebay 450234401: (listed as) 93 Ford Escort, made by Mazda, 1.9L Engine, GT Dash, Manual, GT Seats... in a 4 Dr Sedan.

I once saw a Tracer Wagon, stock, with the GT trimings and 1.8L engine. So, I guess there were unusual combinations.
That car is just a plain ford escort.The lx-e was the one with the 1.8 or the mercury tracer lts had the 1.8.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James92Scort said:
There was no wagon that came stock with a 1.8, someone swapped that one as well.
The Wagon, offered by original owner, had a "S/W" emblem on the TailGate... and the original Title listed it as a "Sport Wagon", 1.8L. (This one was owned by a retired DetriotLions player and was in Boca Raton, Fl.)

I know that in 93 that some Ford Dealers were promoting a "Sport Wagon".
I know that Engines are always considered as Options.
I know Ford Truck will deliver your new Ford with Whatever Engine that you desire: GM, etc.
So, I suspect... some people, for enough money, Ordered limited configuations, and that Ford gave them Style IDs: GLX, S/W, etc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,143 Posts
if a person had enuf money to special order a tracer wagon with a full out gt aka LTS pacakage on it. don't you think he would just buy a nicer car? cause that means a wagon would have to be constructed to teh point where wiring was needed pulled off the as semly line. taken the gt line uploaded and cycled in. then once that was done removed from the gt line to the wagon line again! just to have the correct interior parts put in. then who is to say the gt's where even built in the same plant as a wagon?!?!?!

i'm calling BS here.


NEUMAN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
lukerw said:
The Wagon, offered by original owner, had a "S/W" emblem on the TailGate... and the original Title listed it as a "Sport Wagon", 1.8L. (This one was owned by a retired DetriotLions player and was in Boca Raton, Fl.)

I know that in 93 that some Ford Dealers were promoting a "Sport Wagon".
I know that Engines are always considered as Options.
I know Ford Truck will deliver your new Ford with Whatever Engine that you desire: GM, etc.
So, I suspect... some people, for enough money, Ordered limited configuations, and that Ford gave them Style IDs: GLX, S/W, etc.
The sport edition was only the 14"rims and a tach and I believe power windows and locks.Just like the sunsport was a sunroof and tach and I believe the power options also.I have seen sport edition escorts and sunsport escorts.The four or two door hatchbacks have the red reflectors along the tailgate are either sport or sunsport editions.Unless someone added them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DeathSlinger00 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6229&item=4502344001&rd=1

this person has forfieted their right to sell anything on ebay.
Without an Original Invoice or checking through Ford, maybe pulling the Instrument Cluster, to see if it is original wiring, is the only real test.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
neuspeedescort said:
if a person had enuf money to special order a tracer wagon with a full out gt aka LTS pacakage on it. don't you think he would just buy a nicer car? cause that means a wagon would have to be constructed to teh point where wiring was needed pulled off the as semly line. taken the gt line uploaded and cycled in. then once that was done removed from the gt line to the wagon line again! just to have the correct interior parts put in. then who is to say the gt's where even built in the same plant as a wagon?!?!?!

i'm calling BS here.

NEUMAN
What FordTruck does is exactly this... pull a vechicle from an Assembly Line, send it to a staging area, and add components to meet Order.

If we followed the $$$ Logic... then, no one would have bought the ZX2 S/R Limited Edition, or put $k into old Escorts to Customize them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
lukerw said:
What FordTruck does is exactly this... pull a vechicle from an Assembly Line, send it to a staging area, and add components to meet Order.

If we followed the $$$ Logic... then, no one would have bought the ZX2 S/R Limited Edition, or put $k into old Escorts to Customize them.
Ford trucks and the zx2 s/r are different than this.If you look carefully at the pics.It is a 5-speed so it has a tach.Lx's that have 5-speeds in them come with a tach and some autos came with a tach.Those are plain jane lx seats in it and it has the 1.9 sefi.Ford never made a GLX escort in the usa.The guy doesnt know what he is talking about and is hoping a not so escort knowledgeable person buys it.If the person that buys it runs a carfax they will see it and just a plain escort lx with a 5-speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not know about the Escort on Ebay (GLX),
BUT:
Each Ford Division has a Sales Department... Custom/Pre Orders are submitted to them... Engineering reviews if the modification has been done before (having a Fixed Price & ID) or if the modification must be engineered (evaluated for Price)... once a Parts/Labor prices is established the Order goes back to Sales... if an Actual Order comes into Sales... Engineering places Parts delivery in their Computer System, and Procedures for installation are Downloaded or Created (a New ID)... a vehicle is pulled from the line and sent to staging... once a Production Order is established, the vehicle is moved to a special line... each station on the line is downloaded the assembly instructions and pictures... and the vehicle is processed. This is the way it works at Ford;Lincoln;Mercury; Ford Truck;& Ford Tractor (New Holland); it is a System.

Another example that I know of: William Clay Ford had a custom 1 of kind Blue&Gray (Detroit Lions) Lincoln made each year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
"a japanese type vehicle but with good 'ol American steel"


I can't believe this guy said that. As escort owners we all know... don't lean to hard on your car... don't even slightly bump anything... because we know that our escorts in fact -=AREN'T=- made of "GOOD OL AMERICAN STEEL"


I was pushing on my fender with my bare foot once to show my friend how easy it was to rock my lightweight wagon... and now there is a dent in the shape of the ball of my foot in its place.. Grr!

Good ol american steel my flarking arse!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top