FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently I noticed that my 93 EGT was running really poor, smooth but like on 3 cylinders and no power. I also noticed a pretty good exhaust leak coming just below the manifold on the curved pipe. Would this leak be enough to cause it to run this crappy? If not, is there a way to check the computer for codes without a scanner, maybe that would tell me more. open to ideas. :-|

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Well a good first check is the plugs and the spark.

The exhaust leak on the downpipe certainly isn´t a good thing, and you could be losing a significant amount of backpressure, which you would feel in loss of torque. In other words, shitty, non-airtight exhausts will growl a lot when you floor it at low rpms. The lack of backpressure fucks with the scavenging in the cylinder and makes you lose all your torque.

Are you burning any oil? Any smoking? Any smells?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I had a hole on that curve pipe just after the manifold too. it made the car feel like it was sticking in honey. very slow. i got that fixed and now i have another hole just behind the cat converter that´s growing. Get that pipe fixed asap...it´ll only get worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.