FEOA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had clutch experience in the 1.9L? I have to put one in and tips or hints or how-to´s would be great. I tried the search feature but guess I didn´t look in the right places. Are there any links to an overview of the process around somewhere?

I´ve done clutches in RWD cars, but not FWD. I know the half-shafts have to go, tie rods, battery, crossmember ... . I´m most worried about the half-shafts; I´d imagine there´s diff gears just waiting to move around, right?

Any help would be great, I´m new around here. Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
For the 1.9L, you don´t need to mess with the diff when you pop out the half-shafts. Just stick a dowel in the hole to keep everything in place and you´re golden.

I´d suggest getting a haynes, or even better, a chilton´s manual. They do step-by-step of the process, with pics.

If you´re really incredibly poor and this is urgent, I can try to scan it in for ya.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, so if I just put a dowel in through where the half-shaft goes, everything should be OK? I´ve got a Chiltons and have been reading it over. But if you´ve got the scanner and your Haynes manual handy...., don´t though any trouble though. Thanks for your help! I´ll let you know how it goes

Matt
92LXWagon

btw...those 325i headlights? SWEET

1 - 3 of 3 Posts