FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha dudes and duddettes,

okay i was tuning up my car and found out that running after 10 minutes straight my radiator electric fan did no turn on?!?!??! what the hell? no wonder my engine warms up pretty fast!! by the end of 10 minutes the temp arrow is a little past the middle of the temp gauge. I don't think thats normal. What might I need to change? electric fan? eletric fan sensor? would it better if i changed it to a toggle switch instead?

oh well any help is appreciated!!

Mahalo,
Scotty

·
Registered
914 Posts
I think the most common thing that causes that to happen is the thermostat gets broken? Not real sure. The fan itself could also be broken.

·
Registered
365 Posts
you have a faulty fan switch located along the the thermostat housing(well the pipe that leads to your heater core that branches out from your t-stat housing...)...you want to replace the sensor w/ one wire not the one w/ two or more wires.....also its ok if you use a toggle switch for the fan but always remember to switch it on when you are in the car(running)......

hope i helped....

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
geeze.. I hate the toggle switch question. Of course it's not a good idea. A thermal switch is just as reliable and you don't have to keep your eye on it.

Does your car have A/C? If so, turn on the A/C and see if the fan starts up then (it's designed to run all the time when the A/C is on). If it does not come on, then your fan is broken.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beaverboy,

Car has an AC but I think it don't work. Somone mentioned that i should take the coolant temp sensor out? will that be a good idea? have the fan run when the car is on...... and have it off when the car is off. Thank in advance for your help and with everyone too.

Mahalo,
Scotty

Beaverboy said:
geeze.. I hate the toggle switch question. Of course it's not a good idea. A thermal switch is just as reliable and you don't have to keep your eye on it.

Does your car have A/C? If so, turn on the A/C and see if the fan starts up then (it's designed to run all the time when the A/C is on). If it does not come on, then your fan is broken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts