FEOA Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,412 Posts
Sorry I dont know how to check the shift solenoids, except by putting 12 volts to them and blowing into the inlet - which means the solenoid is in your hand, not in the car. I dont recall that you can get to them without pulling the valve body out first.
My accumulators all seemed to be working fine.
Pulling the valve body apart: I worked on a benchtop with a large baking tray (havinf a raised rim) under it - to catch the tiny rubber and metal check-balls that fall out. I worked with a very good light, & took pictures of each step with a digital camera. The valve body is in layers that unbolt, with gaskets in between, & several sliding pistions inside. The Master Repair Kit had about a dozen gaskets in it, for a range of valve bodies other than my version of the F4EAT. I was Very Careful to make sure I had the same gasket as the ones I took out from between the layers of the valve body. The differences were minor, and the old gaskets sometimes didnt come off in one piece.
Mine shifted funny for a few hundred miles, then began working normally, and has been fine for about 20k miles now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts