FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
I have a geo i bought when I was stuck in indiana it ran all the way across country to oregon on two cylinders and still dosnt run like its supposed to, I dont know what to do with that thing the video gives me ideas

· Registered
2,292 Posts
thats not that impressive. This is my friends 93 dodge colt that ran a 9.6. and its still FWD and has a stock bottom end 2.0L motor with a auto tranny. and just has a tube fram in the front. All the work was done by him in his home garage.

· Registered
145 Posts
Sweet!

My late girlfriend drove a 93 metro -- what a slow piece of garbage. At 65mph her car shook violenently. The stock engine is 3Cylinder 1.0L 3Spd 51HP (but also about 50MPG). The first thing I noticed in this video is that they had converted the metro to RWD. I wonder what made them cram a V6 into it. It works, but it's probably like driving a metro with a 350lb man on your hood. I bet the handling is terrible, looks like it was built just to go in a straight line.

P.S -- In manual transmission geo metros, are they still 3 speeds? or are they more?

· Registered
2,623 Posts
Jamie- the funny thing is that if you balance your wheels correctly and have a good bearing job, cars like the metro (and my old festiva) are actually very smooth at high speeds. I've taken the festiva up to around 95mph and it's still smooth. Albeit it has the aerodynamics of a brick, but you'd be suprised what some straight wheels and good rubber will do for the ride.

Stiff frames also help. You'll find that the only way to make a light car have a nice smooth ride at high speeds (like a heavier car like a C class mercedes) is to stiffen the frame with a roll cage and to get some nicer wheels. Anywway. I'm gonna go eat some cabbage.

· Registered
10,607 Posts
There was some guy near where I lived that did that in one of his little cars... I can't remember for the life of me what it was... it was a V8 that he did though... firewalled it, and there were no front seats at all... I guess it was fast as hell, but he couldn't get to a track, so he ruined his tires on the damn gravel!!! There was an Astro too that someone tossed a V8 into, but didn't realise the power they got..... nailed the gas and smashed the back end in when the front end lifted off the ground! Happened right in the main intersection here in Simcoe. It was ugly as hell... it was like a beige/khaki color with these purple not quite flames at the front end... a home made painjob without experience! LOL!

· Registered
897 Posts
I'd be more inclined to be impressed if it was they'd done that on the original motor, like that colt pictured there. You can swap a motor into anything. I get passed by Festivas and Metros travelling between St. Louis and Rolla (the state engineering school) whenever I'm on Highway 44. It's about an hour out of St. Louis and some people find it cheaper to commute, I guess, or they just come home a lot. I dunno. Anyways, they buy these cheap cars and run the crap out of them instead of beating up a nicer car. I routinely get my doors blown off by these guys flying along all topped out.

· Registered
2,292 Posts
JaMiECypheR said:
Sweet!

My late girlfriend drove a 93 metro -- what a slow piece of garbage. At 65mph her car shook violenently. The stock engine is 3Cylinder 1.0L 3Spd 51HP (but also about 50MPG). The first thing I noticed in this video is that they had converted the metro to RWD. I wonder what made them cram a V6 into it. It works, but it's probably like driving a metro with a 350lb man on your hood. I bet the handling is terrible, looks like it was built just to go in a straight line.

P.S -- In manual transmission geo metros, are they still 3 speeds? or are they more?
ok first off this metro is not a metro any more. its a full tube fram the guy just has a metro body on it. so it just drives like any full drag RWD car would. I am willing to bet there is nothing on that car but the body that is from a metro. he more then likey does not even sit close to ware it was stock.

· Registered
8,351 Posts
highanddry said:
The ultimate sleeper. How would have thought you could even attain highway speed in a Metro? Isn't the stock engine only a three cylinder (tells you everything you need to know about Geo)?
1.0L 3 cylinder with 55 hp. I achieved 95 mph in my old 91... Never gave me a problem... until I pulled in front of an S10 with it.

damnit I really could use that 55 mpg right now too.

· Registered
767 Posts
James92Scort said:
highanddry said:
The ultimate sleeper. How would have thought you could even attain highway speed in a Metro? Isn't the stock engine only a three cylinder (tells you everything you need to know about Geo)?
1.0L 3 cylinder with 55 hp. I achieved 95 mph in my old 91... Never gave me a problem... until I pulled in front of an S10 with it.

haha i've been getting 25-30 with my egt lately..... it doesn't help the way i drive though

· Registered
767 Posts
James92Scort said:
highanddry said:

haha i've been getting 25-30 with my egt lately..... it doesn't help the way i drive though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.