·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Tnashua and zzyzzx

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
No test drives because the brakes do not work.

No way a car you can't even test drive is worth $1000 Brakes are usually easy enough to fix as well (although I am guessing that this one has rusted out metal brake lines too, which makes the $1000 price tag even more unrealistic).

What is it with old red GT's with manual transmissions in PA lately?

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering that myself. The first one caught my eye because it was pretty nice looking, but they are going downhill now.

Reactions: zzyzzx

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
I was wondering that myself. The first one caught my eye because it was pretty nice looking, but they are going downhill now.
At least this third person is keeping up the tradition of asking at least double what it's worth!!

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new lower price - $995!

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I'm not paying about blue book, or in this case black book for that car, I'll give them 250, maybe 3. hell even the 2g's around here people are trying 3 grand for. if the car has more then 60k miles. hang it.

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
I'm not paying about blue book, or in this case black book for that car, I'll give them 250, maybe 3.
Around here, the junkyard will give you $80 for that car. It's not worth much more than that on the open market in its current condition. If it could be test driven, it would be worth much more.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Around here, the junkyard will give you $80 for that car. It's not worth much more than that on the open market in its current condition. If it could be test driven, it would be worth much more.
yeah even for the 3rd gens I'm not giving more then 1k for. people think "4cyl" means they can jack the price up. guy down the street from me has a 3 cyl geo, he's been trying ot sell for 5k for 2 years now. no takers. and he wont come down on the price "this gets 60mpg"

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When gas was nearing or at $5 a gallon, that was a selling point. Not so much now. People are buying SUVs and crossovers like crazy right now. They definitely don't get 60 miles per gallon!

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this posting has been deleted by the author.

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and it's gone!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts