FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i put my GTX in i put a stage 3 6 puck clutch in too. i have drove it for over 500 mi and it slips pretty bad. i have talked to a few people w turbo cars and they said that they had a 6 puck clutch too and it slips. does anyone else have this problem??

also i talked to my neighbor who works at nissan and he said the stock clutch would work better?? i don know about all that... any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
stock clutch plus turbo is bad news...just wont hold the power unless you baby it everywhere all the time.

I've got a 6 puck stage 3 spec in my turbo gt and it holds just fine with no slipping. It was broke in without the turbo though....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i have been easy on it the rest of the brake in and its starting to grab pretty good now. it did help the my rear main seal was leaking oil n the clutch, but its fixed now and getting better

·
Registered
169 Posts
What clutch are you using?? There is a GroupBuy going on currently for SouthBend clutches, and they have a 6-puck available.

What makes you want a 6-puck clutch anyways? It may not be necessary.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
1qukegt95 said:
ya i have been easy on it the rest of the brake in and its starting to grab pretty good now. it did help the my rear main seal was leaking oil n the clutch, but its fixed now and getting better
I had something pretty similar going on with mine. The flywheel was glazed very badly, but I'm just using a Stage 1 Spec...nothing fancy. Did you clean off the glazing from everything? What about the flywheel itself; was it polished up, or were machine marks still evident?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kendogg said:
What clutch are you using?? There is a GroupBuy going on currently for SouthBend clutches, and they have a 6-puck available.

What makes you want a 6-puck clutch anyways? It may not be necessary.
its a ACT 6 puck clutch. i put that clutch in cause i have the GTX in and need it for the exta power gains

ya i cleaned the flywheel and got it all resurfaced

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I would check the slave cylinder as well. Maybe it's not allowing full engagement. The linkage at the master is adjustable, I had to after complete rebuild of the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I run a 6 puck stage 3 spec clutch in my 2.3 turbo t-bird with 25 psi boost and it never slips.In fact it grabs too much.The pressure plate is most likely not giving the right pressure on the clutch.These need to be matched.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you got oil on the disc, its contaminated, and should probably have been replaced. I try not to even touch them with greasy hands.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
The clutch can be touched up with sandpaper and brake cleaner to remove the oil contamination. I know this works....because I just did that to my clutch. and it's been fine for the past 2k miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts