FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
1,806 Posts
Maybe contact Ford and see if they'll give you a new Focus or something for that car (Married with children reference there, though that was a million miles, I think). That mileage is still just unbelievable. Way to take car of the ole Scort!

· Registered
285 Posts
If you think about it, they probably have a lot of people calling in about that same thing. Unfortunately they probably won't care until the 1 mil mark. I doubt Ford wants to encourage people to keep their old cars that long instead of buying new ones.

· Premium Member
164 Posts
I know Mercedes and Saab have given new cars to owners for passing the 1 million mark. There was an article once about a guy who put 4 million on his half-century old Benz. Yes 4 not just 1. I'd like to hit the 1M point in my LX one day. :D

· Registered
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jfarcas said:
That IS awesome. What major things have needed done with it? What's the longest trip you've been on with it? How many miles have you put on it yourself? Original motor, trans?
I guess the largest repair that has ever been done to is having the clutch replaced twice, the front end rebuilt a few times (ball joint, tie rod ends, steering rack) since it was new. About everything that's ever been done to the car is just normal wear items. I think the longest trip I ever drove it on was about 1100 miles round trip, but it made that trip several times back when it was younger. The car was bought new by my brother in '88, I bought it from him in '93 with 146K miles on it so I have put 354K miles on it myself. The way it got so many miles racked up on it was through my brother and myself driving it to work on construction sites for almost 12 years, usually driving 50-150 miles a day. I still average driving it around 50 miles a day. It is the original engine (never rebuilt) and original 4 speed transmission.

· Registered
6,976 Posts
I have a friend who's dad has a '01 or '03 Ranger with the 3.0 in it that's soon to hit 400k, and he's done about the same thing; driving around 150 freeway miles a day for construction.

· Registered
6,976 Posts
I drive about 1 hour 15 minutes each way to/from work, 5 days a week ;), and I've found an apartment about a mile from work to get rid of that issue...'cause the drive (rather, the other drivers) are making me nuts.

· Registered
525 Posts
I prefer a nice 30 minute drive to work, depending on the road and traffic. Where I live I have the option of takin backroads to work and that's real peaceful - kinda gives me time to clear my head. But...with big city traffic, I can see how it could get annoying!

· Registered
6,976 Posts
I have an option to take a 20 mile twisty road to work, and if there isn't anyone else on it, I can really cut time off, as well as the corners. Sooo much fun, especially if I meet someone else who's trying to go fast. So far the most fun was keeping up with a new GTI. He pulled away in the straights, but I caught him in the corners. 75 in a 35 zone though :(....not my brightest moment. Still, if I had a commute like that everyday, without slow/stupid traffic, I'd be happy.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.