FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well, what was it that was said about Windows? Was something along the lines of no matter how many patches and updates there are, Windows will always be messed up. Oh yeah, I remember it now...

"You can't polish a turd."

I think it's quite fitting.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Windows 2k pro is the best windows :p
But if you wanna be safe... do a firewall server on linux :p

And for other that maybe are going on mirc, update mirc because it have a major flaw, do /ignore -wd * if you don't want to download the new mirc

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
SyStEmDw said:
Windows 2k pro is the best windows :p
But if you wanna be safe... do a firewall server on linux :p

And for other that maybe are going on mirc, update mirc because it have a major flaw, do /ignore -wd * if you don't want to download the new mirc
Thank you sir!! :salute:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I would SOOO use a Mac or Linux (prolly Linux) if only there was more neat software for the OS.

I am a hardcore computer geek, but still love the "simplicity" of Windows. I've been using it for years and have just kind of gotten used to it. I've never had a virus, worm, or hacker infiltrate my system, so other than the price, instability, constant security holes/patches, and compatability issues in XP, I've not had any real problems with Windows.

Oh, and I probably just jinxed myself and will have 42 viruses on my computer when I go home for lunch. Oh well, it's about time for a wipe/reload anyway.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I used to run Linux back in the day. It's nice, but i'm a designer, so it's pretty useless for me. I love working in the Mac environment because everything (fonts, especially) are so easy to work with.
The only problem is the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.