FEOA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The power window motor on the passenger side door is getting weak. What is the easiest way to fix this?

Should I remove the motor and have it rewound or just replace it outright? Before I do that though I'm thinking it would be best to grease up all the moving parts along with maybe replacing some of the nylon rollers so that they roll freely. This may fix the slow roll up but ultimately I'll probably need to replace the motor for the long term fix.

John

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
First, lubricate your seals and track then observe.

The replacement window motors in the Saturn were crap; didn't last worth a lick; total waste of time. So if you're on OEM then don't replace if you don't have to.

As a shortcut, rather than kill a BUNCH of time drilling out rivets and trying to manipulate things in a tight spot, I had noticed that there were four torx heads holding the motor-housing onto the regulator. So, I took apart the replacement and used only the commutator and brushes. There was already a ton of fresh red grease still in the OEM regulator so nothing had to be done there. Worked good as new... for maybe two or three years anyway. (I'm not replacing that crap for a third time.)

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which seals should I lubricate? Are you talking about the window scraper?

I have a can of silicon lubricant. I'll pull the door panel off and spray as many moving parts as I can and see if that improves the performance of the window motor. I noticed it gets worse when it gets cold. Not sure why but I'm guessing lubrication?

John

·
Super Moderator
6,068 Posts
Just get another motor and regulator from a junkyard.

Reactions: 04Svt

·
Super Moderator
6,068 Posts
yes. it's three bolts and one plug.

Reactions: 04Svt
1 - 8 of 8 Posts