FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Time to dig up an old thread and bump up my post count.

Figured i'd post the info we had from the late ERDT board (R.I.P.)

The CTA intake is a larger intake which will flow more at the top end (if your engine can move enough air) but that larger diameter reduces the velocity which will cause low end torque to suffer

The ZXTuner intake is smaller which will help your low end torque but won't flow as well at the top end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i would go with the cta intake because there are other things that you can do to get your low end back...the cta has a deep sound to it and if you throw a decent exhaust with a header and ideally some other minor engine mods you baby will be purring...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ive got the CTA Intake but I paired it up with an SPI power controller from EFP. My 97 SPI runs like a Raped Ape. I got tired of the lag on the secondaries and the controller kicks em open in like .03 sec compared to 5 sec at WOT. Matched with an Intake, they make a great combo. I am also gonna add they're relocation kit and run plumbing down to the air dam for a colder flow into the fender well. Should work out great. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
custom cold-air intake

If anybody wants a cheap intake modification, all I did was pop off the stock filter, and took the maf sensor out of the box, and connected that back to the lead pipe off the throttle body. then, I connected a 80 or 85 degree generic intake elbow piece to the end of the mafs plastic thing (yea, I'm up on my terms, but it's the black cylinder thing) using one of those rubber connecter things (you may need to stretch it a bit, but you can buy different sizes, so idk. Then, I just connected my filter to that (and a digital temp sensor wired to my gauges for useless info). The average temp of my intake air is around 50 degrees, or the same as outside air right now. I'll take some pictures if and when I ever get a digital camera if anybody's interested.

·
Registered
996 Posts
If anybody's interested, I have a ctamotorsports cai that I am going to sell once I get my turbo intalled. Which will be in the next few months. If anybody wants this, I will try to work somehting out but I can't sell it for a few months...unless someone really wants it and will pay a pretty good ammt of $ for it, like 125-130...I could always put the stock system back on. I paid 160 something shipped to my door. I have some pics on my cardomain website..click my sig.

PM me if interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts