FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is I´ve had my 3rd gen for about 5 months now and it idles rougher ever time i drive it. The car is got 85000 miles on it and used ever day as a normal driver. I´ve already replaced, 1 of 2 O2 sencers, spark plugs, wires, coil pack, air filter, TP sencer, fuel filter, trany filter and fluid, oil change with new filter, and still nothing has helped. I´ve noticed beter throttle responce and a decrease in MPG on fuel. I figure the lost in MPG is due to all the new stuff needing to be broke in so I´ll give that time. but I´m needing to know what else it could be or if anyone else is have the same problems? At this rate I´m wishing I had my 93 LX back!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iding sounds to be a little low but I can´t tell because no RPM gauge. The hole car vibrates when setting at a light or when ever I´m setting anywhere. it really suck because my 93 was never this bad!

·
Registered
302 Posts
sorry but I don´t know anything about the 3rd gens. but to egt89 I wouldn´t recomend getting that fixed fast. I don´t know what is causing it, but my 87 egt began doing that about a month before my motor went. I think it was a sign that it was going and that something was wearing out fast. Of course it could be something simple, but is that a risk you want to take?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if it is the motor getting ready to go that is fine with me. I´ll pay my $100 and let warranty take care of the rest. I think i´m going to try a TPS next and see what that does.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I have a 92 EGT and I have 88000 miles, you have a 3rd gen with 3000 miles less than me, if it´s still under warrenty take it in to the shop and let them figure it out. I don´t know what could be making the whole car shake when idling.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah my wife uses the car to drive 70 miles a day to and from collage so they rack up fast. it´s now over 86000. That is why i got the warranty till around 98000. The only thing with the warranty is it only covers the engine and drivetrain so anything other than that is all me, that is why I´m try to fine out if it is engine of something elec. or whatever it may be. I hope I can fine the problem soon befor i make the drive to KY.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts