FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aite boys... I wanna take off the wing-thing off of my 2ng Gen cause i'm puttin on a soon-to-be-custom-moded 88 civic hatchback spoiler. So I take off all the screws and unplug all the lights..yada yada yada.. i've got 9 holes in my trunk! Whats the best way to get rid of those holes? I know i'm gonna have to fill and paint them all and such.. but whats the best way...lemme know..thanks!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Weld some small scraps of 16-18 guage steel and then glass/fill over the tops.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
if you weld on your car make sur you cover all the windows in the area with something like leather or pieces of wood caus metal sparks will go through any wool or cotton clothes or cardboard and they will melt inside your windows, leaving on them ugly looking drops of melted glass...

Also, if you plan to weld metal on your roof, you should remove your headliner( inside the car) where it meets with the 9 holes and cover your seats with a leather blanket, cauz if not you might burn everything with hot metal sparks...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sinc ei don't have access to a weldier (nor how to weld very well) whats my alternative? If i DO use bondo.. will it be solid enough? I don't think the holesa re too big.. something like 2" diameter the most! Can anyone back that up? thanks

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
if you can't weld, and want to do a durable job, you could use JB welding suff ( its like a 2 parts glue that can hold firmly two pieces of sheet metal together) with like 3 inchs diam. discs of sheet metal and glue them from inside so that you wont see them and it will give a nice and strong base to apply bondo.... filling with bondo over an empty hole wont last pretty long im almost 100% sure about that...

JB weld tubes cost from 5-10 $

1 - 7 of 7 Posts