FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running these? How do they fit? I know the speedometer will be off, but I don't care. I can get a killer deal on some wheels and tires at the yard I work at. Any replies apreciated.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I am not riding that wide on mine...I have 195/50 on mine and the speedo does show a little faster than my actual speed....but the only thing I can see that may hinder you is the rears may be too close to the body...but you can roll those if you are careful

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Depends on the rims you are running. If you are running stock 7 spoke LX rims, you WILL NOT fit a 205 tire on them or an R15. Stock rim size is 14in * 5in. Best thing to do is find a tire you like and get the literature on it. There are rim width ranges speced by the tire manuafacturer that a particular tire can fit on. Outside of that it may not seal, or you could experience a blow out.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I know what size rim my car has. :roll: If you would have read my post completely, I said I could get a great deal on a set of WHEELS AND TIRES. I'm just trying to figure out if the 205-50-15's on the wheels are going to rub. The wheels by the way are MBDesign REV's with Kumho Ecsta's on them.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I have 205/50/R17's on my Scort - did rub but just had to bend in the rear fender a bit, other than that works great (I think it was the 50's, maybe 60's, dunno exactly, but they work out to be the same overall as stock)

·
Registered
451 Posts
i've run 205's ever since i can remember, wheel offsets from 42mm to 35mm, 15", 16" and 17"x7 wheels and nary a problem with anything rubbing.

205/50/15
205/45/16
205/40/17

all will fit with a 42 to 35mm offset wheel, no more than 7" wide.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
cward said:
Thanks, I know what size rim my car has. :roll: If you would have read my post completely, I said I could get a great deal on a set of WHEELS AND TIRES. I'm just trying to figure out if the 205-50-15's on the wheels are going to rub. The wheels by the way are MBDesign REV's with Kumho Ecsta's on them.
You probably should have made that a tad bit more clear then, as your topic states: 205-50R15's on a 2nd gen LX

You asked for advice and then you got sarcastic with the responses. Way to go.

PS: why's this in the tech adn repair forum when we clearly have a wheels/tires/suspension forum for this sort of question?

Read much, noob? :roll:

now now, don't flame. you asked for it. :wink:

oh and PSS: Kumho Ecsta? yeah they equal CRAP.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that's what my title states. But clearly in the the post it states wheels and tires. So your saying it is okay to just reply to a thread without reading any of the posts?? :wink: My apologize for the post in the wrong section. Most of the forums I'm on have one tech section for everything. If it is a huge problem I'm sure one of the admins will move it. :wink: I don't care if Kumho Ecsta's are CRAP. $100 for the set of wheels and tires is a steel. Considering the wheels alone are $152 each new.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
OK, what I have (that were rubbing) are 205/40/17 with a offset of (I believe) 35mm, and 7.5" wide (which is why they were rubbing) hope this may help someone!!! Oh, and those rims and tires will probably look pretty good, but my friend had tires that were smaller than stock, and well, it looked worse than when he had the nice rims with normal size tires, so thought you might wanna think about that! (if you wanna see what I mean go to www.fordtruckworld.com and check out Mickey's 87 Ranger).

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Nice,call me an asshole. good cause I am. Anyway, had he not gotten sarcastic when someone had tried to help him and made his point more clear in the first place none of this would have happened.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts