FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Nice, but for 29 grand you might as well get a well optioned WRX or a new EVO8...since that weighs 3100 lbs it's just going to be luxurious and expensive.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
ehhhh they're decent. i have to agree with what james said.
but when i was at the car show this year, i saw this crazy sport version volvo. i don't know what model it was, but it was orange, had two doors, and was sweat as hell. they said that volvo wasn't sure whether or not they were going to mass produce it.

i hope they do. would increase profits (mostly would appeal to the f&f and wrx crowd).

·
Registered
295 Posts
looks like a focus wagon to me. I don't like the looks of it, but the engine/tranny specs sound fantastic.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
A WRX weighs 3100lbs as well. That Volvo is built off the same platform as the Mazda 3, so it'll only be as luxurious as it needs to be in order to still be a Volvo.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Beaverboy said:
A WRX weighs 3100lbs as well. That Volvo is built off the same platform as the Mazda 3, so it'll only be as luxurious as it needs to be in order to still be a Volvo.
Yes but you can get a well optioned WRX for the base price of that. Or a low 13 second EVO8 for the base price of that. I can guarantee that car doesn't run anywhere near a (EVO)13 to a (WRX worst) 14.5

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Who gives a s**t about "running"?

If you're anything like me, you're looking at slalom speed and skidpad ratings. Truly fast cars aren't "fast", they're nimble.

Just look at the NSX. Every ******* camaro-driving loser out there talks s**t about it, but they completely look past the absolutely phonomenal engineering that went into that car.

Bottom line of my argument is that people are so caught up numbers that they forget what really matters- driving.

</rant>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts