FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.How Hard and what would i have to do to change the clutch?

And 2.What could be wrong with my engine if when try to floor it it bogs down?it dosn't die on me it just starts to slow down.It started doing this when i changed to some spitfires. Could it be the electronics?
Please help!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Scort96, my EGT did the same thing once when I had a tear in my rubber intake hose. For a quick fix (until I could afford the part) I just used some black electrical tape and taped all the way around where the tear was. It blended in and worked for awhile before I had to do it again. (I have since bought a new intake hose, though I would like a metal, sharper looking one now.) Take a look at your intake hose and see if there are any tears in it. It caused me car to do LOTS of weird stuff like what you are describing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Try doing this...prop your hood open late at night with your car running and look for the wires to be arching (look like whiteish blue sparks) and if they are, get some new wires. I got mine for free because they were under warranty and took the 30 extra and bought a distributor cap, rotor, mexican pizza, bean burrito without onions, and two cheese quesedillas from TB.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
lxscort96 said:
And 2.What could be wrong with my engine if when try to floor it it bogs down?it dosn't die on me it just starts to slow down. It started doing this when i changed to some spitfires. Could it be the electronics?
Please help!
There's your first hint right there.

What did you gap the new plugs to? If you're not running enough gap, or too much gap, the rich wide open throttle (WOT) mixture won't ignite well.

Did you keep your old plugs? If so you can swap them back to see if the problem goes away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.