FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remember trying to put the 1.9 injectors on the 2.0 and it didnt fit so im assuming that you would have to swap manifold to do so.

my question is can you leave the imrc on when putting the 1.9 manifold on or would i have to swap the threads? i have no plan on using it

i noticed the 1.9 threads are alot shorter while the 2.0 ones are longer and completely threadless in the middle section.

·
Registered
636 Posts
well the 2.0 manifold/head is wayyyyyy better than the 1.9. due to it has secondary ports. if you put the 1.9 manifold on somehow you would notice a big lose in power at 3000 rpm or whenever the butterfly valves open

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey im glad to here it.

it'll be even better after iv actually done it, somehwat resently, just remeber them looking to short or mainly not wanting to stay down firmly but it was almost a yr ago so it could be all in my head but i know i didnt wiggle them or try to push them in the slot at all really. so thanx at least i wont waste my time swapping a manifold that dont fit.

i havent exactly hooked up the mirc yet so im not to conserned, i havent been so much of a lead foot either since my swap so regardless it still has more power. i just know gas will probably shoot up soon and im still curious of what difference it might make regardless, just so i know or think its worth it. i can always go back. if i could turbo it and knew what i was actually doing i would but i dont so i just do what i can . if i try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts