FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sure this has been covered i have been watching the forums and have prorably missed it, i have a 96 lx with a 1.9 in it, somehow the camshaft snapped into 2 peices on me in between cylinders 2 & 3, im considering bolting on the 2.0 head but have a few questions, will the 1.9 head gasket work? Do i have to use the 2.0 intake manifold? and do i have to wire in the rpm switch to drive the car daily? i plan on installing a turbo down the road but not right now but i need to get the car repaired and the only 1.9 heads around here are all cracked. any imformation will be usefull thanks

· Registered
1998 ZX2
9,978 Posts
The engine won't run right without the turbo because the compression with the 2.0 head on the 1.9 block is too low. The 1.9 and 2.0 cam shafts are the same though so you could just replace the cam.

· Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thats what i was wondering, my plan was to do the 2.0 swap and build this 1.9 but i need the car for right now, outside of the engine itself bout how much money and i lookin at for the 2.0 swap?

· Premium Member
8,227 Posts
madmatt2024 said:
The engine won't run right without the turbo because the compression with the 2.0 head on the 1.9 block is too low.
That's not true.
It will still run & drive fine. It will just be even slower then a stock 88hp 1.9. But it will still work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.