FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted before 63K car has poor idle replaced plugs motorcraft platinum gap .054. New Motorcraft wires 8mm new DTFE new PCV new TPS all intake clean maf ect . Fuel system good. Car runs mint plenty of power shifts great. Idle with AC poor Idle with AC off worse when in "D" it idles like a tractor. Spoke to some one regarding this issue he sugested to pull the vacuum line from the fuel rail to see if there is a change because max fuel pressure is achieved & a lean condition will be corrected car runs better. He also said to pull air temp sensor in the intake tube but this did nothing. Any ideas guys ???
This car is driving me up a wall??

· Registered
456 Posts
What where the results on removing the vac line from the FPR. Is the Throttle plate clean? A dirty one can cause some problems.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor Idle

A dirty throttle plate may have something to do with the poor idle but my intake system is totally clean throttle plate and all. This tech told me that by removing the vacuum line from the fuel rail it would cause max fuel pressure & correct a lean run condition but he has replyed to me what the fix would be. Any ideas ??

· Registered
1998 ZX2
9,978 Posts
Did you ever clean the IAC valve?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.