FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.
I want to replace my brake lines and was wondering if anyone knew approx. how many feet I will need to buy? The car has been sitting for a few years and has a leak so better to be safe than sorry I am replacing all of the lines.

I thought I would check here first to see if someone has already done this job before I climb under the car and incorrectly measure the lines.

Thank you in advance
Chatty-Mouse
*Linda :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
brake lines like a doller a foot for 3/16 brake line thats not pre flaired. At candaian tire i got 25 ft in a role.. buy 25 ft if thats not enough buy more.. or buy 2 roles and return one if you done use it just keep your recipt. make sure u buy the right fittings too. and have a flairing kit handy. you can rent them at your local parts store.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
hey i did this about 5 months ago
and to be honest i needed intotal about 18 feet
i replaced from just behind the left front wheel i also have a 96 if memory serves correct i used a TOTAL of 18 feet cuz of the bending and things and just a word of warning there is going to be ALOT of air left in the lines afterward took me 5 HOURS to bleed all the air out and its also alot easier to eliminate the block on the rear axle i never did any front lines or any master cylinder lines but to the back i did use a total of atleast 18 feet 2 really long 6Foot peices and then some 4 foot peices i hope this long post helps if u have and further questions please dont be afraid to msg me or anyone else on this forum were only to glad to help have a nice day!

Dave

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
That has to be one of the largest, run-on, sentences I have ever seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts