FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 egt car is a dirt track car and it ran real well after a advanced my timing to 18 dgrees i ran high octane gas with it 1 gal turbo blue with 3gallons of 8 octane i only put turbo blue in every other week well im losing a little power not much i still pump 160 psi but it smokes a little when it first runs for about 5 mins i think i might of fried the rings any oil aditives would u guys recomed to just get by for the rest of the season that could help reseat the rings? i was think of using that engine restore stuff

thanx

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If it IS the rings, go ahead and try whatever engine restore stuff, can't hurt.

But it sounds like valve seals, if the smoking goes away after a little bit.

Oil smoke, right?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ciento44 said:
If it IS the rings, go ahead and try whatever engine restore stuff, can't hurt.

But it sounds like valve seals, if the smoking goes away after a little bit.

Oil smoke, right?
ya it seems to be oil smoke and goes way after about 2laps or so. the smoke is like a dark white but not real dark

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Sounds like valve seals. Keep running it. Who cares. :p

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
dirttrackracer25 said:
ciento44 said:
Sounds like valve seals. Keep running it. Who cares. :p
if it was the valve seals wouldnt that cause compression loss? mybe i can find some kinda additive to put in the old beast...lol its just gotta make it the rest of the season then she's getting a fresh motor put in it
Probably not bad enough to make a big difference. I ran with leaky valve seals in my old Celica for over 100k miles with no ill effects other than smoke on startup and burning a small amount of oil. Still ran just as strong as ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts