FEOA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
i wouldn't go more than 0.010" and if you want more compression why don't you just change the pistons to 11:1 it'd be much better and easier.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
dirttrackracer25 said:
Pinkiman said:
Flyinmiata.com
i could not find those pistons are they the same as miata? also i want to find some better rings for my pistons that can hold up to running some turbo blue in it any idea's
:facepalm: yes they are the same as the miata BP.

·
Registered
87 Posts
See if you were running an all motor i would suggest the high compression pistons, but if you want to run a turbo the i'd stick to the low compression pistons that are already in the engine, how much boost you trying to push? or what kind of HP are you aiming for? when do you want to the turbo to start spooling early or later rpms? what else do you plan on doin? what kind of coolin system you running off the turbo? exhaust size? switcing intake? ecu? fuel rail & injectors? water/methanol kit? intake system? keeping sotck or changin? cams/ Adj. cam gears? we kinda need this info before we can suggest much...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pinkiman said:
See if you were running an all motor i would suggest the high compression pistons, but if you want to run a turbo the i'd stick to the low compression pistons that are already in the engine, how much boost you trying to push? or what kind of HP are you aiming for? when do you want to the turbo to start spooling early or later rpms? what else do you plan on doin? what kind of coolin system you running off the turbo? exhaust size? switcing intake? ecu? fuel rail & injectors? water/methanol kit? intake system? keeping sotck or changin? cams/ Adj. cam gears? we kinda need this info before we can suggest much...
ok basically this car has to look stock it a dirt track racing car and just wondering what all i can do i know i can mill the head orr those pistons u were talkin about, do the ex cam swap, header, what kinda intake can i find that will give more horse but not look to altered i have only seen them pop the hoods once, rules state run your car stock any 4cyl no turbo's allowed but everyone cheats down there so so im gonna..lol. my car is bone stock right with cone air filter and won 6 heat races and 2 features at 2 diff tracks but im wanting to build a badass for next season. give me any sugestions if u could. the motor and tranny are a 1993, i also use a 3 1/2 ex pipe cut at just past the shifter and its a stright pipe

·
Registered
87 Posts
i'd go to corksport to order the pistons, they have a set of weisco pistons that you can order for $568 and you tell them the compression ratio you want, if your running pump fuel then i'd suggest no more than 10.5:1, if your running race fuel 12:1. next i'd do cams, before you get the cams i'd invest in some adjustable cam gears for fine tuning. you can get those at corksport to, to get cams i'd go to www.integralcams.com and get the stage 3 cam, they're about the biggest you can get without having to change the springs and what not, but it does require cold air intake and the aftermarket exhaust, they have a 266 degree duration and a 9.52mm or a .375" lift, you'll lose some bottom end torque on the cams but have huge gains in the upper rpm areas where you'll be spending alot of your time anyways. it'd look stock unless cold air isn't allowed the you can go with stage two. oh and the cams are $724 a pair.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got another question you know that part in the intake manifold where it comes apart well on the botttom peice of the manifold there's a wall where it forces the air through bottom then it goes up through the top of manifold then back to the bottom of the manafold . the top of the manifold has a little bar going across it well someone told me to cut out the bar on the upper part then shave out the wall on the bottom part and they said it will get more power and better air flow. do u think that would help? im talking about the little box shape thats inside air intake manifold

thanx
Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts