FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 model Lx when ever i try to park in a parking space or at low speeds its very hard to fully turn it to left or right with full turns, could this possibly be the rack & pinion or steering pump? There is no noise from the pump. other than making full rt or left turns all is ok with steering. Any info on this is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
You sound like you're in need of a rack and pinion, if the pump isnt making noise, but its hard to turn, yes your rack and pinion is shot, one thing you can do for now, is rev the engine as you turn, the pump turns faster, giving more line pressure, and helping you out some

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
94scortlx19 said:
You sound like you're in need of a rack and pinion, if the pump isnt making noise, but its hard to turn, yes your rack and pinion is shot, one thing you can do for now, is rev the engine as you turn, the pump turns faster, giving more line pressure, and helping you out some
Appreciate the info, i was leaning toward the rack & pinion thanks again. 1 more question where is the plug to check engine codes if this year model even has one? thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.