FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently racing this car in columbus wi, starting out with only saftey mods to it, we were running 17 seconds around the quartermile track. After first removing the power steering, alternator and everything extra not needed we got to a 16.5. Recently the engine started going flat, and we have replaced the coil, checked the ignition module, and put the alternater back in. The car runs and sounds better but not as much power as before. Let me know if you have any ideas or need more info.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Firstly: THANKYOU for spelling "losing" correctly! It's a pet peeve of me to see "loosing." Try messing with the timing belt...it's probably stretched, and you're likely a couple degrees retarded on cam timing. Have you run a compression check, or tested for ECU error codes? Post back on what you find.

For the record, I highly recommend switching to a Tempo flywheel and transaxle shim since it gives more exact timing marks than the plastic cover the CVH comes with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.