FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.9l HO EFI, as im sure u all know, n e ways, i was wondering if there was any type of aftermarket engine i could get, thats would fit into this car, or a list of any sites where i could get some aftermarket parts for this car as i cant find anything, not even a cool air intake, nuthing, any ways, any ideas, suggestions, anything would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
795 Posts
As for any motor swaps there really arent any. An intake off of a 91+ civc will work with alittle mods. And they look pretty good on there too. You can turbo the 1.9ho fairly easy. And that will give you a good bit of power. Or you can build a na monster like i've done. But you could turbo it alot cheaper.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Did you catch the post about the 1st gen GT on Ebay that had a 2.3 Turbo motor swaped into it? Ran 14.4 in the quarter mile with very little tweaking. Other than that I cant think of any oter easy swaps. I though about a ZTEC swap in my 89 GT, but there was going to be a lot of fabbing that I wasn't ready to deal with.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Yeah the 2.3L supposedly bolts right up to the tranny. Then just make sure to steal the ECU, map sensor, and what not out of a turbo coupe or mustang SVO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts