FEOA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So our track just made a new rule that 16 valve dohc cars are allowed. That means any car we run has to be 16 valve and have a dohc. on that said these are the rules that we have to follow. Any 16 valve dohc car allowed and the min wheelbase of 87 inchs and the max of 103 inchs. this means american or foreign car. I want to build a car that has the most horsepower and is not heavy. If you can please help me out that would be awsome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
CrewCheif75 said:
Hey everyone. So our track just made a new rule that 16 valve dohc cars are allowed. That means any car we run has to be 16 valve and have a dohc. on that said these are the rules that we have to follow. Any 16 valve dohc car allowed and the min wheelbase of 87 inchs and the max of 103 inchs. this means american or foreign car. I want to build a car that has the most horsepower and is not heavy. If you can please help me out that would be awsome.
didn't you just ask this a few months ago??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i did a while back. theres a gt there and it doesnt do anything. I want to get something that has alot of horse and that will dominate every week and something we wont strugle with for power all year. so yeah i want to have something that has alot of horse and wont be to heavy. our weight rule is 2350 lbs with 50 percent left side weight. please help me out. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
most likely not legal.

Like I said before, SVT focus has 170 hp, and weighs 2770 lbs. It has huge brakes that require at least 15" wheels and it has a 6 speed trans. It has an IRS.

The 2002-2004 Sentra SER Spec V has 175 Hp, 6 speed manual, an LSD, optional brembo brakes, and weighs 2743 lbs. But it has horrible gearing, and can't reach 60 mph in second gear. It also has a straight rear axle, not IRS.

'97-'99 Integra Type R. The best of the best, but VERY pricey! 195 hp @ 8000rpm with 8400 rpm limiter in usdm form, and weighs only 2598 lbs. (it has hand built engine!!!! Upgrade to a jdm ecu and it will rev to 8900 rpm!!!) It has a well geared 5 speed trans with a lsd. It is the best handling fwd 4 cyl car available. It has good brakes and works with 15" tires.

I'd go with the type r or the focus svt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you put 14 inch tires and rims on the acura as thats the size of the track tire. if so thats what we will race. sounds like its fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
CrewCheif75 said:
Can you put 14 inch tires and rims on the acura as thats the size of the track tire. if so thats what we will race. sounds like its fast.
I don't know if 14's will fit.

But I can tell you this. They are EXPENSIVE!!!!!! But if money isn't an issue, I'd go for it. Just don't get an acura integra GSR. Get a type R. They are completly different. (GSR's weigh alot more, don't have the good suspension, and don't have the same motor. Clones are no good either. must be a real deal type r.)

If money is an issue, get a focus svt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
theres a guy at the track that i race at that has a focus svt that is very fast and he's got 14 inch rims on it, and there is also a guy at another track i go to that has 03 sentra and is very fast idk what he does but hes got it figured out and year acura integras are good as is preludes with the vtec
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well if you can tell me or not if 14 inch tires and rims will work on the acura integra type r then thats what i will go with. So let me know. Are you guys sure no other car would touch us as far as competing. We have alot of mustangs and got daytonas and cavilers and one honda civic vtec but thats it. And also what about gearing. will it be good or what. we usally run third gear so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
CrewCheif75 said:
Well if you can tell me or not if 14 inch tires and rims will work on the acura integra type r then thats what i will go with. So let me know. Are you guys sure no other car would touch us as far as competing. We have alot of mustangs and got daytonas and cavilers and one honda civic vtec but thats it. And also what about gearing. will it be good or what. we usally run third gear so.
Tell you what. Even if they don't work, you can swap brakes from a different trim level integra. Base integra came with 14" rims. You'll have all the power and handling of the integra type r, just not as good brakes as type r (but still pretty good!)

Take a look at how well this one corners on an auto x


Also, if you do get the car, let us know what you think of it!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That thing flys. If that one flys the one with the bigger motor will be alot better wont it. and you can swap the brakes from the older style to that one. Yeah should have plenty of power. Im just worried about the gear ratio for our track if it will be right or not if you know what i mean. dont want to be doggy or hitting the rev limiter to early. Let me know what you guys think. Should i do it or not. I want something thats going to dominate no matter what. no other car should touch this one at all right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
CrewCheif75 said:
That thing flys. If that one flys the one with the bigger motor will be alot better wont it. and you can swap the brakes from the older style to that one. Yeah should have plenty of power. Im just worried about the gear ratio for our track if it will be right or not if you know what i mean. dont want to be doggy or hitting the rev limiter to early. Let me know what you guys think. Should i do it or not. I want something thats going to dominate no matter what. no other car should touch this one at all right.
well, i can plug tire sizes into my gearing calculator. What type of car are you currently running (egt?) and what tire size do you have? Also, what gear you currently running? What size track?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top