FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
9,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys... the other day i filled up with 108 octane and cranked the MBC up. i was able go hit 12 psi without deto or blowing up the SPI. however i WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN, it almost made me piss my pants. 1st gear was useless because it just burnt out and made me grind 2nd realy bad. but 2nd gear was absolutely NUTS!!!. however... the fuel pressure was only at arround 90 psi.

· Premium Member
8,227 Posts
marclar said:
alright guys... the other day i filled up with 108 octane and cranked the MBC up. i was able go hit 12 psi without deto or blowing up the SPI. however i WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN, it almost made me piss my pants. 1st gear was useless because it just burnt out and made me grind 2nd realy bad. but 2nd gear was absolutely NUTS!!!. however... the fuel pressure was only at arround 90 psi.
Well, 90psi of fuel pressure is'nt too bad.
Did the fuel pressure raise consistinly with the boost pressure?

I'm getting knock at 8psi with 93 octane, I'm really suprised 108 octane alone with no timing retard is enough with 12psi.

Have you heard ping from your motor before and do you know what to listen for? It's quiter then most would think.

Congrats 8) I can promise you, you will do it again. It's hard to go back once you feel the power. Just use caution.

EDIT: You might only see 90psi because that might only be as high as the fuel pump will go. If I remember right I could only get 80-90psi from my stock fuel pump. Just kink off the return line with the car running and see how high the fuel pressure goes.

· Administrator
9,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from 0-3psi the fuel psi went up 10 (but this is ok because at lower rpm the MAF can still meter the air until about 4k rpm, thats where the extra few fuel psi's help). from 3-4 it goes up about 7-8psi.from then on it goes up about5psi for every 1 psi.

the only time it got ping was inbetween psi... IE like at 5psi at an even fuel psi number, it would ping at arround 5.5psi when the pressure hasnt jumped up. but after you hit the next solid fuel pressure mark(by 10's) then it evens out. i think my super efficient IC was a major help.

i had to let go of it because i dont trust the system.. JUST BECAUSE I TRIED IT DOESNT MEAN IT WILL WORK ON YOUR SYSTEM. DONT BLOW UP YOUR MOTOR AND COMPLAIN TO ME ABOUT IT.

· Registered
4,414 Posts
^^LOL! Alright Steve, is this a taste of how high you are going to crank things up to on the MS or were you just screwing around?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.