FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found out it has a cummins in it as well, lordy

Stats on the Ford with a cummins!
95 Ford F350 CC 4X4, BTS E40D with Baumanator controller, 12 valve Cummins with ported head, Piers stoopid pump, injectors, and Camshaft. Twin turbos , Custom intercooler with 4" pipes from turbo to intake. Detroit lockers front and rear with Mag-hytec covers, Weld wheels with PJ Dirt Grip 36X14.5X16.5 tires.

original post was found here

http://jeepin.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cg ... 5;t=005224

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
It's a beautiful site noless. Two of my brothers own diesel trucks. One has a Dodge and the other a F250 Crew Cab. I just sent them the link so they can check it out. :wink:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have tried to get info about that truck. So far there is no substantiated evidence that it has a Cummins. Those guys on the Jeep Forum are idiots. I have tried asking for proof, but no luck.

Think about it...Why get an F350, then convert it to a Cummins Diesel? Why not get a Dodge in the first place? It would have been easy to get a Dodge 3500 and go from there. The 6.0l Powerstroke will eat any other Diesel truck out there. Ford has the baddest Diesel. My uncle has a 4 door DRW Ford diesel. It will smoke the tires on the rear end. It is a 7.4l engine. The 6.0l is even more powerful.

Anyone actually have proof of the engine? I want more then some morons talking about nothing.

Tom

·
Registered
822 Posts
number 1, ford had a 7.5L powerstroke, and a 7.3L powerstroke. number 2, there have been alot of problems with the 6.0L, due to it's early release. it was planned to be out in '05, but ford wanted to push it out for some reason, and now people have problems. thirdly, my cousin's dad has an '02 4 door dually F-350, with a 7.3L, and he had the chip reprogrammed, and had the transmission reprogrammed to shift later, so he can get a couple miles out of it, and it can smoke just about any camaro or mustang out there, off the line. after that, it's too heavy to go real fast lol but off the line, it has so much torque, that when the tires aren't spinning, it's nearly impossible to get your head off the back of your seat. i would pay money to see a cummins do that with no add-ons. and by the way, by the sounds of it, it is a Ford 6.0L Powerstroke, just my opinion. but i would like to see proof of what it really is. and it truly is an impressive truck

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
A 7.5L powerstroke? I don't recall ever seeing one of those. More info please :D

To my knowledge the whole powerstroke engine series started with the old normally aspirated 6.9 diesel of navistar design. Neglecting model years (can't remember, don't have time to search), they upped the displacement to 7.3L N/a, and then they added a turbo. Then they played around with the turbo to get some more power out of it. Then finally they rebuilt it from the ground up and made it 6.0L and added an even better turbo to kill completely kill what the newest 7.3 turbo was making.

I really don't think the quality is there in the newer engines. We had a 95 F250 super duty with the 7.3 turbo. When it got sold it had over 347 000km on it, and short of the fact it needed new glow plugs, it ran as good as the day they bought it at work, and it was a fast truck even with the three foot power tailgate on the back. Our newer 99 and 01 F550's have been in the shop multiple times already for engine and tranny problems, and they have between 100 000km and 150 000km on them. It's not the design that's bad, it's the fact that most automakers are pushing suppliers to make better parts for less money. Eventually something has to give and it appears to be quality and reliability. No matter who makes the parts this seems to happening more and more often. It's the nature of the bidding process itself that is causing all the problems.

FYI - the cummins does have less torque, but more of it is available at lower RPMs. The cummins also has much higher reliability. But the powerstroke just sounds cooler :wink:

Matt 8)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I was wrong. It is not a 7.4l. It is a 7.3l.

I have read somewhere that the Powerstroke Diesel is actually a more reliable engine that the Cummins. Something like 95% of the powerstrokes are still on the road compared to 90% Cummins and 80 something percent of the GM Diesel. I dont know where I read that, but I am almost positive I have.

Tom

·
Registered
750 Posts
ok im gonna add to this post, as my dad has the PSD. Ok 1.) the reason ford trucks are still on the road..the deisel ones, the ones with the PSD. Is because one of the TOP compaines (international) makes it. Ford owns Cummins, and Isuzu owns The duramax. Both crap. Ford has the most powerful and most quiet diesel motors around. And i do belive that this truck has the PSD, and propane, nitrous, a chip, and also some tires with more grip. This is so totally possible, and it seemed too quiet to be a cummins, those things rattle alot louder.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
If you go here, you can see that it is true it's a cummins. The owner of the truck is "MADDOG1", and in his sig "95 Ford F350 CC 4X4, BTS E40D with Baumanator controller, 12 valve Cummins with ported head, Piers stoopid pump, injectors, and Camshaft. Twin turbos by http://www.performancediesel.net, Custom intercooler with 4" pipes from turbo to intake. Detroit lockers front and rear with Mag-hytec covers, Weld wheels with PJ Dirt Grip 36X14.5X16.5 tires." Also I looked at his dyno chart (here line #22) and the truck turns 793 HP & 1413 Ft lbs.!

·
Registered
750 Posts
not to go and contradict you...that truck has to have more to pull a run like that. Only reason being that thats one heavy peice of machinery. And according to this calculator my uncle has, its Roughly 12xx at the flywheel and 95x at the wheels. Thats assuming that it weighs 7000 pounds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.