FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time at a drag strip ever, so I am pleased. I was running a rebuilt 1.9 with cfi pistons and a 1.6 hemi head and a four speed with the old 1.6 clutch (smaller than the 1.9). First pass was a 11.25 @ 62 and I got it down to 10.8 at 63.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet, right now I just have on the motorcraft 740 jetted up a bit. Those runs were on 165/80 R13s. The plan is to upgrade to 205/55 R15s later. Also, I am still running the 1.6's exhuast.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but I have no money for pistons yet. I plan on tearing it down again in the spring to install pistons, a UK cam if I can get one, HO header, 2.5" exhaust and match port everything. That plus maybe an adjustable cam gear if I can make/buy one. If I really strike it rich, I will have a 5 speed to drop in then also. The plan is to race the car down at the Maxton mile next year. Depending on how fed up I get, I may just EFI and boost the thing since I already have the CFI pistons in it. What do y'all consider the redline on your engines? I was shifting at 6 grand.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
6500 is considered by Ford to be the safe limit for the lifters, but the crank should hold until around 8k, and then blow apart. I don't know if the rods or pistons will hold that, but I'd imagine so since I've seen plenty a stock CVH hold high revs. Also, I have a spare 5 speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts