FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it cranks over but no primage of fuel pump or signal to ecu.
Do I need the wiring harness that runs through pass. fender that goes to soliniods, coolant resivour, and air bag sensors, or what? Do i need to swap the whole fuse panel located drivers knee?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Good question! I THINK, the ECU and its' harness need to be changed over. The ignition I know is different (rotor vs DIU) so the 1.8 harness wouldn't work there, either...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I've taken out the GT ECU and wiring harness and swapped in the lx stuff. But then there are harnesses that run through both pass. and driver wheel wells. I guess ill need to swap both sides I thought maybe I would get away with just swapping the pass. side harness. Explain the rotor and DIU ignitions, which one has which? And what's that thing under the driver seat? I figured I need to swap that, what about the harnesses that plug into it do I need to swap all those ?

·
Registered
927 Posts
FASTCORT said:
Ya I've taken out the GT ECU and wiring harness and swapped in the lx stuff. But then there are harnesses that run through both pass. and driver wheel wells. I guess ill need to swap both sides I thought maybe I would get away with just swapping the pass. side harness. Explain the rotor and DIU ignitions, which one has which? And what's that thing under the driver seat? I figured I need to swap that, what about the harnesses that plug into it do I need to swap all those ?
The 1.9-2.0L has no distributor. It uses a coil pack, cam and crank sensors for its' ignition source, along with the ECU.
The 1.8L has a dizzy and seperate coil for its' ignition source. Two completely different systems.

The "little black box" under the drivers seat is the PRS (passive restraint system) seat belt retractor module. If it does not plug into the 1.8L harness, it too will need to be brought over from the donor cart.

Hope this helps.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts