FEOA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive replaced my coil pack,plugs,wires,fuels filter and air filter, none of that has helped ive even opened the throttlebody and cleaned it does ne 1 have ne ideas

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Sounds like the idle air control valve not doing it's job.

Thats the valve that sits on top of your throttle body. It gets a signal from the PCM via the two wire harness plugged into it. That tells it how to position itself to maintain idle speed.

Try to clean it by pulling it off, flip it over, look at the small shaft inside, and clean it so no more slug etc. on it. Lube it with WD40 or something like that and put it back together.

IF that doesn't do it, you may need to replace it.

OF course, this is based on the fact that your engine is idling to low and dies. The 1.9's are pretty rough when idling to slow.

Can you keep the engine running and does it smooth out if your rev it just a bit ???

IF not then start looking for vacumm leaks

·
Registered
508 Posts
check you maf sensor. i need a new one on my car, it wont run when plugged in

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Benlightnd said:
Sounds like the idle air control valve not doing it's job.

Thats the valve that sits on top of your throttle body. It gets a signal from the PCM via the two wire harness plugged into it. That tells it how to position itself to maintain idle speed.

Try to clean it by pulling it off, flip it over, look at the small shaft inside, and clean it so no more slug etc. on it. Lube it with WD40 or something like that and put it back together.

IF that doesn't do it, you may need to replace it.

OF course, this is based on the fact that your engine is idling to low and dies. The 1.9's are pretty wrong when idling to slow.

Can you keep the engine running and does it smooth out if your rev it just a bit ???

IF not then start looking for vacumm leaks
yea it does fix itself when i rev it

·
Registered
108 Posts
my 95 was doing this, found it had a bad intake gasket. Spay carb cleaner around the intake while running see if the idle changes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IT WAS A BAD IACV

i clean my iacv and it ran ok for a lil until it started sticking again the spring in the aicv was shot to shit thanks for the advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts