FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a 1.9 HO donor car and i was wondering if the throttle body or MAF or anything like that will bolt up and ADD horsepower and or torque. thanks.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive already got the HO header off, just need to paint it. Any other small bolt up things? im not looking on swapping cams, heads, pistons, or nething like that.... just something i can do in a few hrs cause wednesday im going racing :). later

·
Registered
272 Posts
It all depends on which motor you are donating parts to (1st gen or 2nd gen). You should have an easier time swaping parts to a 1st gen 1.9L. That is if you dont mind swapping the entire intake system and the wiring harness and the fuel injection and the computer and so on. Basically, I think you would be better off swapping the whole motor. You not only get the multiport injecion, but you get the high compression pistons too. and if you have the motor out, you might as well rebuild it with new piston rings and bearings and so on.
Well I hope that helps you out some.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks shorty but not to be an ass that really didnt help. lol. sry.... im just looking for some free mods i can take off my gt and swap onto my lx. nuthin internally... all externally like maf, throttle body, this and that. thanks anyways!

·
Registered
750 Posts
pballer, sorry my brother fell through, he found an 89 Supra and decided to buy that. And i just got my computer back and havent checked my mail until now. And not to steal your thread here, but would an 1.9 HO head fit a 1.9 TBI head? and how hard would it be to swap motors?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sethxtreme: no problem... now i get to learn even more bout cars by taking it apart before it goes to the junkyard so its all good. later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts