FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something else that I'm doing since I have a bunch of aluminum atm. Still needs to be trimmed up and buffed out but you get the general idea. Should help keep almost all of the dirt out that tends to collect around the wires. Still need to decide what I'm going to do with the open end of it. I like it a lot already 8)

·
Registered
636 Posts
it looks really good. you should either polish it or keep it that color :) metal looks bad ass

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I finished up the actual cover itself this morning. I went down to a local guy that I deal with for getting odd ball auto grade metric bolts for the car and picked up some stuff to finish it for mounting. His website is http://www.metricbolt.com.

3 type 6/6 white nylon spacer
3 type 6/6 black nylon bearings
3 type unknown nylon bolt caps
3 extra long chrome M6 bolts (perfect length)

As you can see the black bearings slide into the holes which then snap into the white spacers (kind of hard to see in the glare of the flash) which sit on the valve cover bolt holes when the plate is in place. This will make sure that the bolts tighten down sealing the center section of the valve cover like the normal bolts would do. Not quite sure that I'm going to use the cap covers but I grabbed them to see how it would look. I'm going to keep it bare aluminum and polish the hell out of it ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
looks good, i have thought of doing something similar... now i have to do something different!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: Thanks, though I'm not the first person to have done something like this. Anyways here it is finished and mounted :p Didn't feel like buffing/polishing it today.

^ Think my camera is finally taking a shit :mad: pics are starting to look like hell.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anodize it the GReddy turquoise/blue? Maybe, dunno though.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's getting replaced with either the polished aluminum or anodized turquoise GReddy cap. LOL 710

1 - 9 of 9 Posts