FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on the Protege net:

"Ford Explorer 65mm Throttle Body is the way... I got a 95 323 with a 97 1.8 DOHC engine nad I use a Ford TB... It's practicaly a bolt no... Just a little Drill work in the holes and you need to eliminate the TPS & the Idle control valve and make the Idle with Throttle screws. Simple and got a good Punch at high RPM's...

Pd. (Sorry I don't speak/write English very well... )"

Anybody have any info on whether this would be feasible? I would tend to think not, being that the GT is a Mazda and the Ford is, well a Ford, etc etc. But who knows? Something a junkyard runner could find out. Might be worthwhile as oppsed to overboring your own TB.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
don't know if that would be feasable or not...my first question is how well does the car do without the tps? I had mine unhooked for awhile when I did my clutch(missed it...lol) and it ran, but it almost always seemed at a high idle....interesting though...I guess just about anything is possible...it may run fine as he also did away with the idle control valve...I wonder how the ECU acts with this

·
Premium Member
8,143 Posts
the 97 1.8's are a differnet intake manifold then our 1.8L manifolds. the Vics is in a different postion so that the hole may be bored out easier. with out a TPS your car would not react like it should and would rob you of torque inturn robbing you of HP. also your factory t/b is liek 52mm adn the 1.8L manifold we have is only boreable to 58mm with out punching thru to the vics chambers. jsut a few more facts.

NEUMAN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.