Car threw a code... (update: p1506)

Discussion in 'ZX2 1998-2004 2.0L DOHC' started by pos_clunker, Jun 27, 2007.

1. pos_clunker

pos_clunker New Member

Car is a 01 ZX2

My brother and I swapped out the JBA header for a stock manifold and replaced the idler pulley and serpentine belt. I reconnected the battery, and drove off. While on the trip home (about 20 miles), I noticed the idle was a bit high. So, when I got home, I adjusted the TPS back to what it should be while the car was running, and the car immediately threw a SES code. I haven’t got a chance to get it read yet, but it wasn’t until after I played with the throttle spring that the code was thrown. I’ll check it out tomorrow.

Two questions...

Is the idle on our cars supposed to be about 750 RPM warm? What is it supposed to be cold?

Can messing with the TPS throw a code?

Do all I have to do is have the code cleared to remove it from the history, or is disconnecting and reconnecting the battery good enough?
  2. homestead367

homestead367 New Member

Idle warm is about 750 yes. Cold mine idles about 1100-1200ish.
  3. pos_clunker

pos_clunker New Member

The code was p1506, which I guess is the Idle Air Control System Overspeed Error, whatever that is. Anyway, my brother cleared the code with his reader, and it has yet to come back.
  4. homestead367

homestead367 New Member

Probably when u messed with the throttle spring it let a little more air into the motor so it never gets the correct amount.
  5. pos_clunker

pos_clunker New Member

That's what I'm thinking. Anyway, it’s been 300+ miles and still no return of the code. Problem solved.
  6. homestead367

homestead367 New Member

Thats great!!